What are the chances of pregnancy despite consuming pills after sex?
User rating for this question
I had an abortion 6.5 weeks ago...I started taking the pill 4 days after everyday. I was sick the week of Dec 17 and took antibiotics for 5 days. I had sex on Sat and I am scared I am pregnant. I took the morning after pill 16 hours after and have a week and half in my second pack of pills. I just have this horrible feeling that I am pregnant. This is the first time I have had sex since the abortion. What do you think?
Posted Tue, 28 Jan 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 39 minutes later
Brief Answer: The possibility of pregnancy is less Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. If you have taken the hormonal pills as per the guidelines the possibility of pregnancy is less. Intake of antibiotics may not always affect the function of contraceptive pills. As you have also taken emergency contraceptive pill within 72 hours of the intercourse, the possibility of pregnancy is less. Wait till your expected date of withdrawal bleeding. If you do not get withdrawal bleeding once go for pregnancy test. If the test comes negative, no need to worry. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.
People also viewed
- Thirsty after hysterectomy
- What are chances of pregnancy despite negative pregnancy results
- Treatment of lost tampon
- Uterine fibroid and labia problems
- Symptoms of nerve palsy
- Unable to urinate during ovulation
- Toxic shock syndrome burns to pee
- Symptoms of nonerosive arthritis
- Symptoms of maternal tetanus
- What are the chances of pregnancy after unprotected sex
- What are chances of pregnancy after protected sex
- What are chances of pregnancy after consuming unwanted 72 pill
- Symptoms of resistant tuberculosis
- What the chances of pregnancy after consuming unwanted 72
- Symptoms of testicular abscess