What are the chances of pregnancy after unprotected sex?

Mar 2016

My gf had a regular mens cycle of 30-32 days though recently it had bocome slightly irregular.. Her recent cycles were 2nd oct2013, 9th nov2013, 13th dec2013, 20th jan2014, and 14th feb2014.. As u see, her last cycle started on 14th feb and was on till 18th feb.. We had un protected sex on 22nd feb afternoon.. I mean i just entered her one single time around 1.5 to 2 inch then got my penis out.. There was pre ejaculatory fluid on it bt i dint ejaculate inside anyway.. I got her to ingest an unwanted 72 pill within 2 hr on that day.. Bt its 28th feb bt still there is no withdrawal bleeding.. We are worried very much. We want to ask.. 1. Is there any chance of pregnancy? I mean how much chance is there? She shud b safe ryt? 2. It was just her 9th day of the cycle.. It shud be safe period , ryt? 3. How many days it shud take the withdrawal bleeding to occur? Evn without withdrawal bleeding the pill can work, ryt? 4. Is there anything to worry? Tell us and help us really.. 5. How can we ensure that she isnt pregnant? And those tests can b done within how many days? 6. Do you think the bleeding will occur within the next 1 or 2 day? We are panicking.. We dint evn had any proper sex.. I just enterd her once for those 4 or 5 seconds and thats it.. I dint ejaculate and there is nt really anything to worry dont u think?? 7. Also she was on amoxyclav(625) TDS at that time.. It cant interfere with d pill, ryt? Please answer our each question and really help us out..
Posted Thu, 20 Mar 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. S Patra 58 minutes later
Brief Answer: CHANCE OF PREGNANCY IS QUITE RARE OR NEGLIGIBLE. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us. Followings are my comments: 1) You did unprotected sex on SAFE period (first 5 days after period over) and she took unwanted 72 pill additionally within 2 hrs which will give her more than 95% protection against unwanted pregnancy. Here, chance of pregnancy is almost RARE or NEGLIGIBLE. 2) First 5 days after period over are always SAFE in 28 to 32 days regular cycle. In this case, 4th day after period was quite SAFE according to her previous cycles. 3) Most women get their withdrawal bleeding within 7 to 10 days after taking emergency pill. However, it DOESN'T signify the INEFFECTIVENESS of the pill without bleeding. Pill will work definitely. 4) Don't be much worried. You should wait for her next coming period and she must undergo one home pregnancy test to clear doubt (if period delays more than 7 days from due date). 5) She must undergo a home pregnancy test initially soon after missed period and repeat the test after 7 days for confirmation. Early test is less significant. 6) She needs to wait another 3 to 5 days to get withdrawal bleeding. However, you shouldn't be panicking for not getting that. Effectiveness of the pill will be same with or without bleeding. 7) AMOXYCLAV (625) doesn't interfere with the pill and it is quite SAFE to continue. Hope, it will be helpful for your information. Kindly, close the discussion, if you don't have any other query. Wish your good health and practice safe sex in future with contraceptive. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through