What are the chances of pregnancy after unprotected intercourse?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2015
Mar 2015
Excellent

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine
Question
Hello doctor
I had an abortion one months ago because we were not physically,mentally and financially strong but sadly 6 days ago we had an unprotected sex but my husband ejected out but still i have got fear to get pregnant,I checked in pregnancy kit it shows me negative please suggest me what should i do to confim 100% accurate pregancy test
Posted Sun, 19 Nov 2017 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Chances of Pregnancy are there

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I have gone through your question and understand the concerns.
Pregnancy can be confirmed only 14 days after the unprotected intercourse.
Chances of pregnancy are rare if the ejaculation was outside.
I will suggest you to get a urine pregnancy test after 14 days to confirm the diagnosis.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN

Follow-up: What are the chances of pregnancy after unprotected intercourse? 24 minutes later
can i check through blood test?I Google few things and I found from some sources that I can do blood test in 7 days is that true?

Brief Answer:
Yes, can go for it

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear, blood beta hCG levels are positive for Pregnancy at least 8-10 days after intercourse.
So, you can opt for it.
Dr Deepti Verma