What are the chances of pregnancy after removal of IUD?

I am XXXXX now I am 27 yrs old and have 2 babies, I had done1 abodtion each after each baby. After giving birth to 1st baby I had put loop for avoiding conceive for a period of 2 yrs and 21/2 yrs after second baby.Now I am trying for 3rd baby and removed my loop before 4 months and unable to get results. I am weighing 65 kgs and I am getting periods regularly between 28-30 days. What sort of test should I perform to get conceived? Will there be any infection because of puting loop and having done 2 abodtion. We are trying continuously for 4 months and we are satisfied in the sex my husband is doing sex weekly 3 times and when he does the semen comes out in a day or two. Had done semen test for my husband and finds ok.My husband has smoking habit.what should we do to become conceive pls suggest a good reply. 
Posted Sun, 8 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Tubal patency test and monitoring. Detailed Answer: Hi Ms. XXXXX, Thanks for posting your query. If your previous abortions went uneventfully without any infections and were performed under the surveillance of a specialist, then there should be no problem due to them. Even insertion of an IUD is safe if all precautions have been followed. As you have been trying for only four months now, you may wait for a few more months before getting investigated further. Yet, if you are eager, you should have a routine physical exam by a gynecologist and a tubal patency test along with a sonogram-pelvic/trans-vaginal, to assess the situation. Your ovulation status can be monitored for a couple of cycles through follicular study. You should have regular intercourse at least on alternate days during the ovulation period. Please make sure that your husband quits smoking as it can lead to impaired motility of the sperms even though the counts are normal and this can also cause failure to conceive. Hope your query has been clarified. Please contact for further information. I will be happy to help. regards, Shanti.V.
Follow-up: What are the chances of pregnancy after removal of IUD? 2 days later
Thanks you madam, Abodtion went with the surveillance of. Specialist only.may I know want will be the infections that might happen if abodtion went wrong? To get a quality egg inside a female can u suggest any tablet? For my husband sperm to be active and quality kindly suggest a tablet?By what date should we take the tablet? Does smoking habit in my husband creates infertile sperm creation?How long period will take for my husband's sperm to become quality after quiting smoking?Do we get good result after stopping smoking how long period will it take to get a better result after smoking pls suggest. When having a long time sex will it reduce the quality of sperm pls suggest? Is it good or bad to have a long sex that is for an hour does it impact the sperm quality? Regards, XXXXX
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 14 minutes later
Brief Answer: It may take about 2 months for sperm recovery. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing back. Here are your answers- 1. If the abortion was not properly done, it could have caused incomplete abortion, heavy bleeding, infection of the uterus and in turn, future infertility. 2. Ovulation induction is usually done when there is advanced maternal age, irregular ovulation and when artificial reproductive methods are planned. Intake of prenatal vitamins like folic acid is usually recommended to improve the quality of pregnancy. 3. Smoking usually causes poor quality semen in the sense that though the count may be normal, the progressive motility of the spermatozoa which is a vital factor needed for successful conception, may be at fault. As the entire process of spermatogenesis takes about 72 days, recovery can be expected at this stage. There are no established medications to improve motility. 4. Prolonged intercourse does lead to poor quality semen as the production falls behind. When you are trying to conceive, it is ideal to practice intercourse on alternate days throughout the fertile period. Hope your queries have been answered. Please contact if you need any more information. I will be ready to help. regards, Shanti.V.