What are the chances of pregnancy after protected intercourse?

i had a protected intercourse with my partner two days ago and it was our first time. Was just wondering what are the chances of getting pregnant? i dont want to get pregnant. And when should i do a pregnancy test? could you help me?
Posted Thu, 20 Dec 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 37 minutes later

Protected intercourse usually doesn't cause pregnancy so you don't have to worry.An emergency contraceptive pill is taken within 72 hrs in case of failure of barrier methods or other means.Pregnancy test is done if the periods are missed.If you are getting normal periods then there are no chances of pregnancy so just maintain your calm and wait for the next cycle

Best wishes
Follow-up: What are the chances of pregnancy after protected intercourse? 17 minutes later
hey.. thanks for replying..

i am awaiting my periods which should be within 3-4 days. Does that mean if i get my periods so its clear that i am not pregnant?
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 15 hours later
Good luck and God bless you