What are the chances of pregnancy after premature labor?
User rating for this question
Hi, I went into premature labor (22.5 weeks) on November 19th and had my baby girl on the 21st (she did not survive). I went on birth control a week later. I am wondering when it is safe to get pregnant again? I have had 2 healthy big (almost 9lbs) babies. Both were c-sections. My cycles are very irragular 36-52 days I believe it's due to the cysts on my ovaries. I actually use birth control to get pregnant. As soon as I go off I get pregnant. I wasn't on it for 5 years and never got pregnant and didnt use any protection. Right after I went off of birth control I got pregnant. So I have been on it for 2 cycles now and am wondering if it is safe after my still birth to go off and get pregnant?
Posted Wed, 12 Feb 2014 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. S Patra 41 minutes later
Brief Answer: DETAILS ARE GIVEN BELOW. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us. Followings are my comments: 1) Combined birth control pill (contains both estrogen and progesterone) is used to treat irregular cycle and it acts as contraceptive on regular use. However, chance of pregnancy by combined pill is quite LOW. 2) In this case, you can take progesterone pill (D16 to D25 of cycle) instead of combined pill to regularize monthly period and for proper ovulation which can help to enhance your conception chances. Kindly, consult with Gynecologist for complete prescription. 3) Usually, 3 months gap (minimum) is necessary following preterm still birth or abortion before planning to next pregnancy. In this time period, you can take vitamin and folic acid supplements with healthy diet and avoid mental stress. Hope, I have answered your query. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query. Wish your good health and take care yourself. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through WWW.WWWW.WW
People also viewed
- Long term rash on neck
- Anatomy and physiology of premature labor
- Nifedipine for premature labor
- Toe spreading long nails
- Can i take norethisterone tablets long term
- Taking niftran for a long time
- Insomnia and pregnancy and premature labor
- What are the chances of pregnancy after premature labor
- Will lacto calamine lotion lead to wrinkles ?
- Lacto calamine lotion for pimples on pennis
- Lacto calamine lotion gives white patches
- Lacto calamine scalp lotion
- Ringworm lacto calamine lotion
- Does pexep a long term solution
- Glycerin suppositories and premature labor