What are the chances of miscarriage in the first trimester?

I am 9 weeks and 5 days pregnant. I had a light bleed at 6 weeks and 4 days - I had a scan and all was fine. I had another scan at 8 weeks and 6 days and all was looking "perfect" I do not have another scan until 12 weeks and 6 days and I am just very nervous about it. What are my chances of miscarriage between now and then?
Posted Mon, 24 Mar 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: not to worry Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Chances of miscarriage is more than less in the first trimester. As the pregnancy advances, chances of loss of pregnancy decrease. If your scan at 8 weeks was good, and everything was fine, then there is a good chance that your pregnancy is advancing well. Dont be nervous because it have a negative effect on your body. There is nothing to suggest that your pregnancy is unstable.
Follow-up: What are the chances of miscarriage in the first trimester? 6 minutes later
Thanks. Ive been very nauseous and have been sick a lot in the past two weeks. This isnt harmful to the fetus is it? I am managing to keep fluids and certain foods down
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: normal Detailed Answer: Morning sickness is common in early pregnancy. It wont harm your baby. But make sure your remain hydrated. You can take medication for the morning sickness.