What are the chances of getting pregnant in first intercourse?

Question
hello doctor ,
i had a sex with my girl friend 1 time , is it possible to get pragnancy in 1 time sex ,
what are the chances ?

Explain me how the process girl to get pragnent in detail ?\am nervoues now
Posted Sun, 19 Aug 2012 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 21 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.
The most important thing that determines the chances of pregnancy with unprotected sexual intercourse is the timing. If your girlfriend has regular cycles, then unprotected sexual intercourse between day 12-17 of the cycle confers a high risk of pregnancy. In this, day 1 of the cycle would be the day she gets her period.
For pregnancy to occur, the ovum ( released by the female ovary) needs to XXXXXXX with the sperm. After this, these 2 fuse and ultimately give rise to a baby,
As of now, I would suggest that if she should take 1 tablet iPill ( if the unprotected sexual intercourse was <72 hours ago). This is emergency contraception and will greatly reduce the chances of pregnancy. I would suggest you use appropriate contraception ( like a condom) the next time round.
I hope I have answered your query.
If you have further queries or clarification, please ask.
I will be happy to help.
Wish you good health.

Follow-up: What are the chances of getting pregnant in first intercourse? 4 hours later
sir ,
she has regular mensus date

i did sex after 5 th day of mensus cycle completed

so chance of getting pragnant ?

Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 33 minutes later
Thanks for writing back.
The chances of conceiving at this point are relatively less. This is a relatively safe period, as ovulation would generally take place between day 10-17 and in your girlfriend's case, ovulation would only take place in the next 5-6 days.
Let me know if you have any more questions. If you do not have any more questions, please close the discussion and rate the answer.
Thanks.

Follow-up: What are the chances of getting pregnant in first intercourse? 1 hour later
sir as of in my case can i take ipill or not ?

sir tell me diff mensus or periods are same ?
what is cycle ?

Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 3 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

One has to take I-pill as early as possible within 36-48 hours of having intercourse. When taken after this period produces no results. The earlier it is taken the better effective I-pill is in preventing pregnancy. In your case you may ask your partner to take I-pill to be on the safer side.

Yes, menses and period are same. The days/cycle between starting of period and the next period is called menstrual cycle. Normal cycle in average women is 28-30 days and about on 12th to 15th day of menstrual cycle, ovulation occurs.

Hope I answered your query. Now if you do not have any query, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Yet, if you have any further doubts, I will be available to clarify.