What are the chances of getting pregnant from precum?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2016
Mar 2016
Excellent

OBGYN
Question

Me and my gf were fooling around day before yesterday and things got pretty intense and we started dry humping...she had her panties on and I had my boxers on...it got pretty intense however I dint cum near her vagina...i came twice but in the bathroom...all I am scared is it a possibility of my precum or post um entering my gf vagina as she was wet...and she is a virgin plus that day was the second day after her periods had stopped...so the next period she all have is next month...please help m worried..its not been 72 hours should I give her an I pill ? Could she be pregnant ? Please advice doctor
Posted Mon, 25 Mar 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later

Thanks for writing to us in XXXXXXX platform. I am trying to give answer as per your concern.

First of all, there is no chance of pregnancy at all in above type of sexual activity on 2nd day after her period over. In general, 5 days before and after period is regarded as safe period or non-fertile days in 28-30 days regular cycle.

Pregnancy is possible only if unprotected sexual intercourse is done with ejaculation around ovulation time (14 days before next cycle) or within fertile days (10th-18th days of regular 28 days cycle). Precum or prostatic fluid, secreted prior to actual ejaculation, contains small amount of sperm and can cause pregnancy in lower percentage but it also depends on fertile days.

In addition, you should also know that pulled out or withdrawal method has high failure rate (near about 15-28%) and with condom 14%. So, you have to chose safe period with high effective contraception (like emergency pill or OCP) to practice safe sex in future to avoid unwanted pregnancy.

In this case, you have nothing to worry and she does not need to take any type of emergency pill (I-pill). She needs to wait for next coming period and 1-7 days date alteration is normal thing in monthly cycle. Mostly occurs due to hormonal imbalance & stress/ mental upset.

She must follow these things to get period in time:

1) Take healthy diet with more vegetables (carotene based) & eat fresh fruits.
2) Drink plenty of fluids/water. Complete avoidance of spicy/ junk/ salty foods.
3) Control body weight by regular physical exercise. Keep bowel habit regular.
4) Avoid stress by doing yoga/ XXXXXXX breathing regularly (20-30 times).
5) Maintain personal hygiene & need sound sleep with complete relaxation.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

If you need to ask any future query, you can directly consult with me by visiting my profile on WWW.WWWW.WW and press the button "ask me a question".

Wish her good health & take care of her.

Good luck.

Dr Soumen

Follow-up: What are the chances of getting pregnant from precum? 15 minutes later
Thank You so much Doctor :) so i'll be rest assured and wont give her any contraceptive pill...its just that, there was no direct connection between my penis and her vagina... we always had our under garments on while i was rubbing my penis against her clit as like having sex but not sex......2nd thing is that she is still a virgin...3rd thing is that it was her 2nd day after her periods got over so her next period will be in April 1st week, i am 99% sure that she cant get pregnant but that 1% was really taking my head for a spin as i am really worried ...

Answered by Dr. S Patra 12 minutes later

Thanks for your response in follow up section.

I understand your situation and scientifically, there is no chance of pregnancy at all. So, you don't worry regarding this and try to free from mental stress.

If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

Be well & stay healthy.

Dr Soumen

Follow-up: What are the chances of getting pregnant from precum? 2 hours later
alrite then...thanks a lot doc...i guess i wont be giving any contraceptive to my gf..
thanks a lot for your help..god bless u..

Answered by Dr. S Patra 4 minutes later

Thanks for the response.

You are most welcome in XXXXXXX platform.

Now, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

Dr Soumen