What are the chances of getting HPV after having unprotected handjob?

Question
Now i would like to discuss an event that i regret doing. I went to a massage parlour and had unprotected handjob but strictly nothing else. But after the handjob i felt so bad, thinking that i might have risked worsening my current health status. I know stress plays a big part in pains but ever since the handjob i have amplifying pain in my testicles and what feels like my right lymph node too. I am terrified that i have complicated my situation further by getting another STD (i know i shouldnt worry about HIV as that is virtually impossible to get through this manner) but im still worried because me and my parents have finally put me on the track to recovery and im worried sick that because i let my frustration get the better of me in the moment, there is a risk i might have ruined everything. The pain is very real at the moment and its only been 2 days since the massage, but i experienced the pain straight away. Could i have picked up something doctor? Please help me :( What STD tests should i consider doing?? and when can i do them to put my mind at ease?? and could i be so irritated from the oil.. because ever since 2 days ago right after the massage i have a burning sensation while i pee and it hasnt left yet.. can it be something more serious?? :( And also im quite scared of HPV because i heard that that is a skin contact virus..
Posted Fri, 13 Dec 2013 in Infections

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Very unlikely that you have an STD! Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. From the information that you have provided, it is very unlikely that you contracted any STD from this encounter. It is almost impossible and any other STDs should be something you got from the past and not from this encounter. My greatest suspicion is that you sustained some form of trauma from this handjob. just like you feel hurt when excess pressure is applied to any part of your body, so too the testicles can become very painful if they were over manipulated during this encounter. Also, symptoms soon after such an act are more suggestive of the process itself because an infection needs some more time to get established before symptoms become evident. Yes, HPV is a skin contact virus but the risk of having picked this up should be just like that of a handshake with this lady. I understand your fears and they are real but I think you are too worried of something that is very unlikely. Be calm. Take some pain medications like tylenol or ibuprofen and you would be relieved of these. unless new symptoms set in, there is no need to rush to see your doctor right away. To stay away from similar fears in the future, please always try to get protection during any sexual act. I hope you find this helpful. I wish you well. Thank you so much for using our services and feel free to ask for more information if need be. Thanks. Dr. Ditah, MD