What are the chances of getting HIV through kissing?

I been frenc kissing a girl for a while and that all we have done. It mite bdn 50 times over the past year and half. She told me the other day that she was hiv positive and been that way for about eight years. Dont ifshe on meds or not. Can i get hiv from kissing
Posted Sat, 16 Feb 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 6 hours later
Hello Mr XXXXXXX ......
Thanks for your query. I understand your current concern. Though am sorry to tell, yes contact of mucous membrane of lips and saliva is sufficient for transmission of HIV. It is a well documented fact though the chances are lower as compared to sexual route. I would suggest you get an ELISA test for HIV done immediately. By now, you would have crossed the window period or HIV. So, the test would tell you your HIV status with certainity. Do not fear. Wish you a negative result.
Dr Sundar
Specialist-Psychosexual disorders and addiction medicine