What are the chances of contracting HIV through vaginal intercourse?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
Hi, I had sex with prostitute , she started with rubbing her vagina on my unprotected penis , she had wet vagina , during the rubbing my penis was going to penetrate her vagina with the cap , I believe 1 cm was there but she quickly moved her body so my penis didn't enter he vagina , then she used a condom and we continued the vaginal intercourse . This happened 1 month ago, I have no symptoms of early infection, no fever , no fatigue , no weight loss , no rash, no swallowing glands. If she was HIV + , what is my risks? Please advise , I am so worried .
Posted Tue, 18 Feb 2014 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 40 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Detailed Answer: The risk is very very small. I would say negligible. For hiv transmission it is necessary more than just genital contact. It must be prolonged unprotected vaginal intercourse. So it is always advisable to use condom as soon as sexual activity begins,but i dont think that this was risky behaviour at all. If you suspect that this female is hiv+ or you want to be 100% sure then do hiv test. Otherwise,i dont think it is necessary.wish you good health. Regards