What are the chances of contracting HIV from precum?

Dermatologist
Question
Hi Doctor. I had an encounter with another male. We masturbated each other and ejaculated together. He ejaculated on my stomach. We also touched each others sperms and body fluids. We also had body contact with each other, without our clothes on. We did not have intercourse. Is it possible to get HIV from such sex acts ?
Posted Wed, 30 Jan 2013 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 45 minutes later
Hello
Thanks for the query posted.
If there has been a touch and exchange of body fluids through body cuts , oral mucosa there is a definite chance of getting HIV from such sexual acts .
If only normal skin as touched the bodily fluids and there is no cut in the skin or mucosa then there is no chance of spread . Just casual touch of body fluids on normal intact skin cannot transmit the virus .
Thanks and Take care

Follow-up: What are the chances of contracting HIV from precum? 12 minutes later
Thanks for the reply. There was no exchange of body fluids through body cuts or oral mucosa. It was touch of body fluids by normal intact skin.

I am still worried a little. Can saliva cause infection ?

Saliva can cause infection.
There was no exchange of body fluids through body cuts or oral mucosa. It was touch of body fluids by normal intact skin as you have mentioned.
Don't worry it will not spread in you.

Follow-up: What are the chances of contracting HIV from precum? 32 minutes later
Just for peace of mind, after how many days can I go for a PCR HIV test ?

Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 15 hours later
You can go after for the test in 2 weeks from exposure.
Thanks