What are the chances of conceiving after injecting fertegyn 5000?

Sep 2012

Female 23 self trying to concieve , my doctor injected fertegyn 5000 on my 13 th day from LMP.after injection we had relationship 4 times with in 36 hrs . Can i expect this month positive result
Posted Wed, 5 Dec 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 1 hour later
Thank you for your query.

Firstly, you have to know some basic physiology to understand the answer. Ovulation occurs due to increased secretion of leutinizing hormone (LH). In a normal female person, with a normal 28 days menstruation cycle, ovulation occurs at or around 14 th day from the day of bleeding of the previous menstruation.

Fertigyn contains human chorionic gonadotrophin hormone (HCG). It leads to increased secretion of other gonadotrophin hormones specially the LH which leads to ovulation. After that fertilization and pregancy may occur.

But effectiveness and chance of getting pregnant depends on some factors
1. Ovulation. If ovulation has occurred, then there is increased chance of pregnancy. For confirmation, usually, an ultrasound scan is done before injecting the HCG. If after giving HCG, no ovulation has occurred, then there is no chance of pregnancy.
2. For a pregnancy, the sperm count, motility, morphology, of the semen analysis of your husband should be normal. If there is any abnormality, then pregnancy may not occur.
3. Environment of uterus which will provide home to the fertilized ovum.

So, no guarantee can be given that pregnancy has occurred. But if all the parameters are normal , then there is increased chance of pregnancy. Hope for the best.
One more thing is , if you miss your next period, do a home pregnancy test on or after the day of your missed period. Before that day no other investigation is helpful.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know if you have any more question.

Follow-up: What are the chances of conceiving after injecting fertegyn 5000? 11 hours later
For point 1:

After having fertegyn injection we did ultrasound and confirmed the follicle has been ruptured and ovulation started on 14 th day

for point 2:
Sperm count is 50 Mill/ml;Motilityis 90%,Morphology 52%
The above values are normal ?

For point 3:
We have checked urine culture test and the culture shows sterile

As we are residing in appartmnent fourth floor and there is no lift facility, whether its advisible to climb stairs up and down during this periods

Awaiting for your advice

Thank you for writing back.

Your husband's sperm count is enough.
Ultrasound report is good.
But sterile urine does not have any added advantage.
So, overall, considering all points, I can tell you that there is very high chance of pregnancy. So, hope for the best.
In my opinion, you should avoid any heavy work during this period. Because this time is very precious. So, have rest adequately.

Best of luck.