What are the chances of becoming pregnant? taken Clomid, HUCOG, Susten. Done follicle study and BBT.

Hi,I am 27 yrs old.This month I have taken Clomid 50mg for 3-7days.Also I had follicle study scan which declared that 2 follicles both left and right side have ruptured on day 14.I have taken HUCOG 5000 units injection on day 12.Today is 19 day of my cycle,from past 2-3days my BBT is showing 97.6 F.Also I am taking susten 200mg from day 15 of my cycle.Can you please tell me what are my chances of becoming pregnant this month.My period started on 29 Sep 2011(26 day cycle).
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 37 minutes later

Since you have a 26 day cycle, so your ovulation would have been around the 13th day ( 11th Oct) and since the follicular study has reported rupture of the follicles on day 14th, so any unprotected intercourse close to this date would have resulted in pregnancy. Hucog and sutsen help in conception and sustaining pregnancy preventing it from early pregnancy loss.

Your chances of pregnancy are very high and bright. If you miss your periods then you can test 1 week- 10 days after you miss your periods or you can test for pregnancy by a highly sensitive pregnancy test 10 days post ovulation with a sensitive ( 20 - 25 mIU ) pregnancy test.

Also I would suggest you to get your serum HCG levels estimated since this is more specific than urine for pregnancy tests. The HCG (human chorionic gonadotrophin) levels rise only in pregnancy and its presence will confirm the status of your pregnancy. You should consult your gynecologist and get these tests done.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions then please do post us. Wishing you good health.
Follow-up: What are the chances of becoming pregnant? taken Clomid, HUCOG, Susten. Done follicle study and BBT. 29 days later
Hi Doctor,
As per your reply I had very high chances to conceive last month(Oct), but it dint happen.And even this month(Nov) I have followed the same process but still I am not confident that I will be pregnant because my BBT is not that high even though I am taking susten 200mg tablets.I am really worried a lot.Please help me.Please tell me where the problem is?Last mensuration day : 30th Oct,Ovulation Day : Nov 12th(confirmed through follicles rupture). Also we do have intercourse regularly before and after ovulation.Please help.
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 13 hours later

Thanks for writing back to me.

For conception, try having intercourse every month around your ovulation days as it is the best time for conceiving. Ovulation is the release of a single, mature egg from a follicle that developed in the ovary. It usually occurs regularly, around day 14 of a 28-day menstrual cycle.

The best timing of intercourse in order to conceive is day 10, 12, 14 and 16 (in case of late ovulation) of a 28 day cycle. After intercourse, do not wash immediately and keep on lying for some time. You can also keep a pillow under your buttocks so that semen does not come out.

If still you are unable to conceive, then other causes of primary infertility should be explored.

Common causes of infertility in female are endometriosis, ovulation problem, pelvic inflammatory disease, poor egg quality, polycystic ovarian syndrome, damaged or blocked fallopian tubes etc.
In male reason for infertility are related to sperm (azoospermia, oligospermia), problem with sperm delivery, due to sexual dysfunction, and an obstruction etc.

Hence complete work up has to be done on both partners to know the underlying cause for which you should consult a fertility expert.

Eat a diet that includes whole, unprocessed foods. The best foods for health in general and also for sperm count problems, are whole grains, legumes, vegetables, fruits, nuts, and seed.

Avoid alcohol, smoking, take more of proteins and fresh vegetables. Minerals like zinc & selenium, amino acids like l-carnitine, and antioxidants like Vitamin C and Vitamin E are also very crucial to sperm health.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Wish you good health.