What are the chances of a baby girl to get pregnant or is that impossible??

What are the chances a baby girl at one or two years of age can get pregnant or is that impossible??
Posted Sat, 15 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Kappan 19 hours later

Thanks for asking me at XXXXXXX

Really sorry for being late on answering your query.

It is impossible for one or two years aged girl to get pregnant. It is because of many factors. For a pregnancy to happen, firstly, egg should be released from the ovary. Secondly, the uterus should have the necessary changes for receiving the fertilized egg. The necessary hormonal changes for the same takes place only after puberty.

To get pregnant, there should be entry of sperm to the genital tract of the girl. At an age of one or two years, this happens only when there is an incidence of rape. In case, such an event occurred, please do report to the police regarding the same.

Hope I had been able to clarify your doubt. Please use any answer clarification before closing and rating this answer.

Thanks & Regards
Follow-up: What are the chances of a baby girl to get pregnant or is that impossible?? 26 minutes later
Thank you . So naturally it's impossible for babies to have babies until they reach puberty which would be after the ages of 8?? I have read some bizzare stories of pregnant one year olds on the Internet which I found completely unbelievable ! So naturally it's not possible ?
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Kappan 59 minutes later

Thanks for the follow up.

Age of puberty may vary across different population. It may occur normally from an age of 7 years to around 14 years approximately. Within my experience, I have seen girls getting puberty at an age of even 5 years. This can be attributed to steroids which may be present in baby food.

So, scientifically it is impossible for babies of 1 year to 2 years to get pregnant. As you said, bizarre stories can appear over the internet. But, cannot be believed until scientific data or research agree to it.

Hope this clarifies your queries. I would be available if you have any further queries. If you do not have any further doubts regarding the same issue, please do close and rate the answer. A positive review would be highly appreciated. Thank you.

Follow-up: What are the chances of a baby girl to get pregnant or is that impossible?? 30 minutes later
So to clarify, even if babies did come into contact with bodily fluids, they still would not be able to get pregnant as there bodies are not matured for this. Is this correct ? Thank you
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Kappan 41 minutes later

Yes, you are right. Even if they come in contact with semen, they will not get pregnant.

Hope I had been helpful in clarifying your concern. Let me know if I could help you further. If you do not have any further queries, please close and rate this answer. Please do leave a review.