What are the chances of HIV and STD after protected sex and biting over chest?

HIV AIDS Specialist
I had condom protected sex with an Indonesian sex worker 4 days ago. No condom slippage during intercourse or oral.During the climax she actually bit my chest . Later I could see red bruises at the bitten area. I could not see any blood stains in my shirt or elsewhere. I don’t know if she had any blood in her mouth from any injury. The Skin was almost intact and almost healed by now. I just want to know: 1. What is the chance of HIV and other STD from this event? 2. What is your opinion on HIV and other STD from unprotected cunnilingus and fellatio? 3. Is a rapid home test at 1 month reliable?
Posted Thu, 19 Dec 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Low risk oral sex.rapidtest conclusive on 12 weeks Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for posting your query. 1. You had a protective vaginal exposure. Biting over chest has no risk of transfer of HIV/STD infection. 2. Unprotected Cunnilingus and Fellatio have a very low risk for HIV/STD as per CDC, Atlanta. Penetrative vaginal sex is considered to be high risk, that itself has only 5/10000 exposures. Oral sex carried a low risk. 3.All rapid tests are reliable only after 8-12 weeks and conclusive after 12 weeks. I hope that you got answers for your query. If there is any more questions I am pleased to answer. Dr S.Murugan