What are the chances of HIV after oral sex?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
i have not done any unprotected anal sex, I had a saliva test in 2011 and was negative, since then I have had oral - insertive 3 times do you think I am hiv
Posted Fri, 20 Dec 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 35 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Detailed Answer: Thanks for the query. it is impossible to be 100% for sure without HIV testing,but generally risk is very very low. Even if there was oral sex with HIV+ person,the risk is less than 0.3 per 100 000 so this is almost negligible. However,you can do test for your satisfaction,especially if you have any doubts about your partners' positivity. Wish you good health. Feel free to ask.Regards
Follow-up: What are the chances of HIV after oral sex? 53 minutes later
are the saliva tests used by dr thom accurate, I have never had any symtoms and I feel health thanks XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 24 hours later
Brief Answer: Hi Detailed Answer: Yes, it is accurate and if test was negative,you can be sure that you re not HIV+. However,some other STDs may be tranmsissed by oral sex so if you notice any changes on your penis such as rash,bumps,discharge or swelling, you should do STD tests.