Ask a Urologist   »  

What are the causes of tissue clumps in urine?

What are the causes of tissue clumps (that look like small chunks of coral) in urine? Tests show no infection.
Posted Sun, 23 Mar 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Saul Weinreb 48 minutes later
Brief Answer: Thank you for using HCM, I would love to help you Detailed Answer: it is not uncommon to find small bits of tissue in the urine. usually, it represents one of two things. it could be small crystals that develop due to the salts that are absorbed in the urine. depending on the concentration of the different salts, and the pH of the urine, these can sometimes crystallize. this is nothing to worry about. occasionally, it can also be small bits of tissue that slough off the lining of the bladder. as long as you are not having other symptoms like burning, urinary urgency, or other problems, this can happen occasionally and is also not a problem. also, it is important to make sure there is no blood. I hope this answers your question, please let me know if you need any more help.