What are the causes of general weakness and soreness of the body ?

my daughter complained to me about 8 days ago that her eye "muscle" hurt. The next day her sinuses were hurting;but no cold symptoms then on the 4th day she developed a small sore bump on her genitals and then very sensitive skin on her legs and buttocks and as of yesterday such sore feet she can barely walk. She feels tired and generraly not-right but no fever.
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in General Health
Follow-up: What are the causes of general weakness and soreness of the body ? 9 minutes later
I had some of the same symptoms a few years ago that my daughter is experiencing (ie sore feet headache felt like someone shortened all my ligaments-i couldn;t stand up straight and was just down in bed for 5 solid days)
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Generalized weakness and soreness of body can be due to various causes like generalised viral infection. The pain in different muscles of the body can be attributed to myositis. The pain in her legs might be associated with some infection which is causing swollen glands of her inguinal region. These are very non specific symptoms and do not conclusively point towards a single ailment.
The complete picture will be clear after a thorough examination to detect the source of infection.Till you fix an appointment with her paediatrician, you can give her acetaminophen round the clock to relieve the pains and soreness.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. If there are additional concerns, I am available for your followups.