What are the causes of dizziness?

Nov 2013

four days ago i was exercising and put my head way back and felt an unusual rush of blood to my head and felt dizzy. after that one of my ears felt like it does when water gets into it. And right now I still feel a tiny bit dizzy. and some discomfort at the top of my head. what should i do? What do you think might have happened?
Posted Mon, 17 Feb 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 8 hours later
Brief Answer: My reply is below. Detailed Answer: Hi Mr XXXXXXX Thank you for posting your query. First of all, I would like to reassure you that there is no need to worry about your symptoms, as they do not suggest any serious neurological problem. The symptoms suggest a peripheral vertigo, most likely due to ear-related BPPV-benign paroxysmal positional vertigo. In this condition, some particles form in semicircular canals of the ear, which move when the head and neck move, producing dizziness. This would get better in a few days to 2-3 weeks. Betahistine tablets would be helpful. In addition, vestibular rehabilitation/adaptation exercises would also help. I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information. Wishing you good health, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, India Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: My BLOG: