What are the causes for swollen and inflamed taste buds?
User rating for this question
What causes your taste buds to be swollen and inflamed? I do have dry mouth also at night.
Posted Sat, 19 Jan 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Thanks for the query
The most common causes for swollen and inflamed taste buds are
Consumption of hot and spicy foods
Deficiency of certain minerals and vitamins like B COMPLEX
Allergy to some food stuffs like lemons or grapefruits or some sauces
Consumption of toxins like alcohol,tobacco smoking etc
Acid reflux may also cause inflammation of taste buds,as in your case.
Causes for dry mouth may be
Use of various medications like antidepressants,anti asthmatics,pain killers,sedatives etc.
Rare causes could be salivary gland tumors etc
Since you are taking ATIVAN and BENADRYL,these both medication can cause dry mouth.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me if any other query is to be asked.
Best of luck
People also viewed
- Fully edentulous mouth wash
- Does an infected tooth effect energy levels
- What would cause swollen taste buds
- Lumps on edge of tongue
- Swollen taste buds causes
- Heart conditions that cause swollen taste buds
- Inflamed taste bud caused by constipation
- How to keep from getting sick alot
- Fart alot when ovulating
- Purple spot on gum at tooth edge
- Side effect of expired listerine
- Water retention alot and gassy
- Peeing alot and stomach hurts female
- What are the causes for swollen and inflamed taste buds
- Pee alot with gallstones