What are the causes for swollen and inflamed taste buds?
User rating for this question
What causes your taste buds to be swollen and inflamed? I do have dry mouth also at night.
Posted Sat, 19 Jan 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Thanks for the query
The most common causes for swollen and inflamed taste buds are
Consumption of hot and spicy foods
Deficiency of certain minerals and vitamins like B COMPLEX
Allergy to some food stuffs like lemons or grapefruits or some sauces
Consumption of toxins like alcohol,tobacco smoking etc
Acid reflux may also cause inflammation of taste buds,as in your case.
Causes for dry mouth may be
Use of various medications like antidepressants,anti asthmatics,pain killers,sedatives etc.
Rare causes could be salivary gland tumors etc
Since you are taking ATIVAN and BENADRYL,these both medication can cause dry mouth.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me if any other query is to be asked.
Best of luck
People also viewed
- What would cause swollen taste buds
- Tickly roof of mouth
- Swollen taste buds causes
- Heart conditions that cause swollen taste buds
- Vestibular papillomatosis at home treatment
- Roof of mouth is tight
- Red line appearing between eyebrows
- Tingley roof of mouth
- Fucidin cream for chicken pox on a baby
- Telengieactasia roof of mouth
- Veins on roof of mouth swollon
- Loss of appetite after spinal fusion
- Single live intrauterine fetus in cephalic presentation
- Inflamed taste bud caused by constipation
- What are the causes for swollen and inflamed taste buds