What are the causes for repeated spells of dizziness ?

I am 56 and concerned about the source of my dizziness that just occurred. I was outside, bending over to pull up a "robot vacuum" out of our pool..I felt suddenly dizzy...and actually ended up crumbling to the cement ground and falling over. A few minutes later when I went to test the pool water with a water strip I could feel some head dizziness in bending over...and later inside my house, trying to fix dinner for my daughter and husband with MS, I swear I felt a head dizziness with a slight pull to the right. Feel OK now, but am concerned. I stopped smoking 3 months ago. I am pretty healthy. A migraine headache to speak of recent MRI though...Should I be concerned...Oh, and BTW, I have low blood pressure all the time...Your thoughts???
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 42 minutes later

Repeated spells of dizziness that too within a few days definitely need attention. Dizziness can be there due to multiple reasons but at your age there are three possibilities that are coming to my mind-
1. Anaemia- reduced blood hemoglobin levels. This can be ruled out by getting a complete blood picture done.
2.Cardiac problem- Missing heart beats are one of the common causes of dizziness or it might happen due to some irregularities in the cardiac impulse. This can be ruled out on having an ECG done.
3.Weakness, any infections in the recent past, lack of proper regular meals, as a side effect of some medicines, etc.
All these factors will have to be ruled out with the help of your physician to come to the actual problem for treatment.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.