What are the causes for having circular bruises on chest?

hi i am seeing circular bruises right in the center of my chest with a burning itchy feeling i am 25 male
Posted Sun, 24 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 16 minutes later
Brief Answer: Either infection or eczema. Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for your query. Now from your description, it looks like you have developed either a fungal infection or a dermatitis over the chest. In order to be more specific, I would like to have a look at the skin condition. It would be great if you can click some close up pictures of the skin condition and upload them here on this page . You can also email the pictures at YYYY@YYYY with heading as ref to Dr Geetika Paul. Treatment for your condition varies according to the exact pathology. I would like to know certain other things as well. Since when do you have this skin condition? Do you have any lesions elsewhere over the body or over the scalp? Is there any history of similar lesions in the past or any seasonal increase in the lesions. I am sure I would be able to help you more once you send me the pictures and provide me the above details. Waiting for your response. Dr Geetika Paul.
Follow-up: What are the causes for having circular bruises on chest? 44 hours later
Hi, I sent pictures to the mentioned email address. I do not have this kind of thing anywhere else. I do have a very dry peeling skin under my beard and hair line but When I clean shave it is not there under my beard. Around my hair line it is dry scalp after shower but with moisturizing lotion it goes away. i have been noticing it for quite some time now say 6-9 months ago i saw it on chest.
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Seborrheic dermatitis: Treat as advised Detailed Answer: Hi, I have seen your pictures. You seem to be having seborrheic dermatitis. Now in common language , we call it dandruff. But this is not simply seborrheic dermatitis of the scalp or beard region. As this is a problem of the hair bearing areas of the body, so in some people , this problem extends to the chest as well, especially the hairy area in between the nipples. Since seborrheic dermatitis is caused by overgrowth of a fungus which is normally present on our skin, treatment includes the use of anti dandruff shampoos and lotions combined with topical steroids. For your scalp and beard region, you can start using any anti dandruff shampoo atleast twice weekly.After application, leave the shampoo over scalp for atleast 5 -7 minutes before rinsing it off. For your chest you need to use a topical steroid cream or any cream which is a combination of a steroid and antifungal drug. Apply it atleast twice a day. In addition, you should avoid using any oils or moisturizing creams over the affected areas as it tends to increase seborrheic dermatitis. Hope it helps, If you have any other query, please let me know, Dr Geetika Paul
Follow-up: What are the causes for having circular bruises on chest? 31 minutes later
Hi , so you are saying I should not use aloe vera moisturizing cream on my face after shower ? i have been using these shampoos which have somewhat reduced my dandruff WWW.WWWW.WW au/en-au/hair-care-specifique/bain-exfoliant-hydratant#needs_3 WWW.WWWW.WW au/en-au/hair-care-homme/bain-capital-force-anti-dandruff the main point here is my chest , so should i use the same shampoo on my chest also ? also can you tell me name of some creams to put on chest area ? like some cream that can be available in USA easily.
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Treat seborrheic eczema adequately. Detailed Answer: Hi You can continue to the a moisturizer over your face but avoid applying it over the chest . Do not use any oils. Even the moisturizers can be used just once a day. Now as far as the anti dandruff shampoo is concerned, you can continue to use the same twice weekly. You can go addition to scalp, apply the same over beard region and the chest too and leave for sometime before rinsing it off. You will have to find out whichever topical steroid cream is available over the counter or any antifungal available will be of help. The same can be used over the chest and beard region both once or twice a day. Hope it helps Any other query, please let me know. Dr Geetika Paul