What are the causes for erectile dysfunction?

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Hello,I am a 26 year old women and recently married(3.5 months),and i suspect my husband is having erectile dysfunction.I know its pretty common,but he is not ready to accept it. Let me breif you about my husband.He is 28 years old and has the following conditions- Asthma-He uses asthalin and seroflo 250 often For thyroid he has 1 dose of thyronorm tablets everyday He is also has erbs palsy which is 50% I suppose the last point would not be a problem for his ED condition,but I have stated it here,so that I could pinpoint the exact cause for the ED. Thank you very much for your reply.
Posted Wed, 26 Mar 2014 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Mukesh Chugh 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Commonest cause is Psychological Detailed Answer: Hi, I have gone through your query there are few common reason for Erectile dysfunction, to make them easy for you anything which affects the blood and nerve supply of penis leads to pathological erectile dysfunction. The common one are Diabetes,hypertension. Psychological causes are like depression and anxiety. Going by your husband medical history there is no reason for erectile dysfunction. Having said that may I know-Is your marriage is arranged or love?Is he happy and loves you? Keeping in mind the culture we follow most of us don't have any sex experience prior to marriage, it's very common problem. So, most of males fails to perform. If a man fails to perform again and again it leads to depression and anxiety which is counterproductive. So, my advice would be purchase a good book on sex not the fancy kamasutra and have healthy discussion. Never ever taunt him, Make him comfortable and boost his confidence. Help him while having sex. Some man have myths regarding size of penis and masturbation leading to anxiety, Please discuss and clear them. I hope your query is answered and please don't hesitate for any clarification further, lastly Congratulation and I know your married life will rock, have patience. Regards