What are the causes for development of involuntary twitch in left thumb?

My left thumb has developed a slight involuntary twitch. Why?
Posted Tue, 7 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the following suggestions... Detailed Answer: Hi, It is great to know that your ablation intervention was a success and you are back to your normal physical activity. With regards to your actual concern, i.e. involuntary twitch; I'd say that there are many causes including: - when involving in tennis or basketball, perhaps, you are over-passing, so the extreme fatigue during such exercise would cause involuntary twitch - vitamin deficiencies (especially those of group B) - stress or work overloading - use of caffeine containing drinks or other stimulants If the involuntary twitch is happening once in a while and not always, and it is not impeding you to do your daily activities, then, there is nothing to be worried about. You can take some supplements containing vitamin B complex and calcium and vitamin D. I'd also advise to avoid exercise or work overloading. If the twitching will give be more fastidious and it would limit your daily activities, can further consult with neurologist. All the best! Dr.Alba