What are the bumps which turned to white scab on the head of my penis?

I had bumps below head of penis now they turned to a white scab it has been there about a week ? Is it a std ? this is the second time I've had bumps the first time was about 3 months ago and took about a month to heal? What is it ? What do I do?
Posted Wed, 5 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 48 minutes later
Brief Answer: Looks like fungal infection ,need pictures Detailed Answer: Hi I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same. From the description ,it looks like you have developed candidal balanitis. But I would like to have a look at the exact skin lesions before we can be sure of the skin condition. Please click some close up pictures of the skin lesions and upload them here on this page. You can also mail them at YYYY@YYYY with heading as ref to Dr Geetika Paul. Also please tell if there is associated pain or itching? Did you notice any development of fluid filled lesions? Are you applying any medicine over the penile area? Also when did you have an outside contact? How much time before the development of the skin lesions? I am sure I will be able to help you more once you provide me the pictures and the above details. Dr Geetika Paul
Follow-up: What are the bumps which turned to white scab on the head of my penis? 7 hours later
There is not really much itching and not that painful It did itch a little when they were bumps the last time I had sex was probably 2 months ago. I have just been cleaning with soap and water I've used peroxide and neosporin tried baking soda because I read it on a site that it would dry it up but it burned when I tried that ...not using that again
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Painful lesions penile area, proper cleaning Detailed Answer: Hi again Since the lesions have developed scabs now ,so it might be difficult to come to a final diagnosis as to whether the lesions were associated with any std or were they simply fungal in nature. You should avoid using any of the chemicals that you are using at present. It might lead to further irritation over the lesions. Simply clean the area with lukewarm water and apply a topical antibiotic cream like neosporin over the lesions twice a day. Do not apply any other cream or oil over it. In case you tend to develop any such lesions in future, you should immediately see either a local doctor or a dermatologist on this forum with the pictures. In case of early lesions ,it is easy to find a cause and treat accordingly . Since you have developed the lesions for the second time now, so it is important to find the cause of the same. Hope it helps Please ask if you need any further clarifications Dr Geetika Paul