What are the best days for concieving?

I am trying to get pregnant and using ovulation calendars to find out the best time to have sex is. My question is what color should the blood be on the 1st day of my period, do I count from the 1st of brown, pink or bright red blood day? When is the best 3 days in my ovulation window to try to get pregnant?
Posted Mon, 24 Mar 2014 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 51 minutes later
Brief Answer: 13, 14, 15 days from first day of menses, Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am happy to hear you are trying to get pregnant. I will like to know if you have been consulted for pre-conception evaluation and counseling. This is often helpful as it looks for possible deficiencies and conditions that may make the development of your baby go wrong and correct before you get pregnant. For the ovulation calendars, we start counting from the first date of menses irrespective of the color of the blood. Ovulation occurs on the 14th day from the start of menses and any intercourse around this time has high chances of you becoming pregnant but in no what guarantees a pregnancy. Remember even an egg put next to a sperm doesn't guarantee fertilization and pregnancy. It is all a game of luck and trying as many times as possible is they key to succeeding. The color of blood has no effect on the possible dates. I hope this answers your query fully and provides enough information for you to act on. Feel free to ask for more related questions or clarifications if need be. Thank you for using our services. I wish you get pregnant as soon as you would wish to. Dr. Ditah, MD.
Follow-up: What are the best days for concieving? 3 hours later
ok I have one more question my period was 2/4/14 last month and I started my period today on 3/6/14 so what is my average luteal length?
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 17 hours later
Brief Answer: About 16 days Detailed Answer: Your luteal phase is the time from ovulation to the beginning of your new cycle. Because you probably had your ovulation on the 2/18/14, your luteal phase lasted approximately 16days. I hope this helps you. What do you want to do with the luteal phase if I may ask? I wish you well. Dr. Ditah, MD.