What are the best chest protectors for chest chemo port?

is there anything available to protect the port for physical activity?
Posted Mon, 9 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Sports medicine specialist/ your friend will help Detailed Answer: hello there! i am sorry to bother you but your information is vague enough to confuse me. What ports are we talknig about? is it the XXXXXXX Chest Shield for physical activities..sports etc What physical activities do you have in mind. If you need some thing like that yes you they are available and you can consult a sports medicine specialist for whats best for you. And you can also ask the friend of yours how did he manage to get it. I am sure he will know the way too as he has already have it hope i was of some help.If you dont hae any more quries kindly close the discussion and rate the answer as per your eperience. Take good care Regards Dr S Khan
Follow-up: What are the best chest protectors for chest chemo port? 18 hours later
what are the best chest protectors for a chest chemo port?
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 9 hours later
Brief Answer: Interventional radiologist will help better Detailed Answer: Hello again XXXXX! thank you for explaining that to me. Now ports protectors are mostly involved with their packing and they are protecting enough. i have seen it with a Port-a-Cath which is a brand name of Smiths Medical there are some other ports which you can select from.they are Eco Port, Clip-a-Port, SmartPort, Microport, Bardport, PowerPort (power injectable), Passport, Infuse-a-Port, Medi-Port and Lifesite totally implantable venous access system (TIVAS) are also very successful. If you need to know more about these ports and their care and protection here is the link to the guidelines and tips for the users of it to care for it. read this article and i am sure you will learn more about the port and its care. WWW.WWWW.WW You can always talk to your oncologist or more likely to the interventional radiologist for the opinion and i am sure your queries will be solved I hope i was of some service. If you have no more queries please close the discussion and rate the answer as per your experience. I wish you very good luck and take some very good care of yourself. Regards Dr S Khan