What are the benefits of keeping my ovaries?

hi. what are the benefits of keeping my ovaries? I have a long history of family ovarian cancer. I deal with migraine head achechs and my periods are every two weeks. and my blood count is low normal to low. if any lower it will be low. my lower back huerts around to my my lower abdamon. I have been crying for even the dummist reasons. back to my peariods I have been getting clots and they have not been the smallest.i have been miserable. what would you shugest if it was your wife. sorry my spelling is not the best.
Posted Tue, 25 Mar 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Som Biswas 32 minutes later
Brief Answer: Ovaries are needed to produce female hormones Detailed Answer: Hi, I understand your concerns . Ovaries are needed to produce female hormones which are needed for your physical and emotional well being. Without ovaries people have hot flushes, palpitations, mood swings. But if you have a family history of ovarian cancer then you need regular check up and removal of ovaries if you have the risk. I would keep the ovaries if its normal. The above mentioned symptoms after ovary removal can be managed later with hormone replacement. At this instance the primary issues seem to be clots in your periods which are also not normal and back pain. These should be evaluated. I would recommend a sonography to see your uterus and ovaries and an xray lumbar spine to check for reason of back pain. Please follow up with the reports with me or your gynecologist and plan the next appropriate set of action. Hope this helps. Regards