What are the benefits of consuming baking soda with water?
User rating for this question
hi, I am 50yo, and been hitting the gym on a regular basis. I have been pushing pretty hard to stay health and looking for ways to keep my energy up. I was reading on internet that drinking glass of water with baking soda before and after my training is good to keep my energy up. Can you let me know if this has benefits ?
Posted Mon, 17 Mar 2014 in Weight
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Prevents lactic acid build up Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. It is appreciable to know that you are hitting the gym regularly as a measure to stay healthy. Studies have shown the benefits of consumption of Baking soda with water in individuals performing strenuous exercise which is based on the following fact: During strenuous exercise, there is build up of Lactic acid in the muscles, which causes muscle pain & fatigue hence reducing the performance of the individual. Intake of Baking soda (Sodium bicarbonate) creates an alkaline environment & neutralizes the effect of Lactic acid. As a result, there is an improvement in performance. However, there are few things of concern that should be kept in mind: 1. Baking soda has a high content of Sodium. So, it is not safe in high doses and should not be used for long periods of time. 2. It should be avoided if you have a history of liver disease, kidney disease, or high blood pressure. 3. Possible side effects of drinking baking soda in water include stomach cramps, increased thirst, swelling of feet, weakness, difficulty in breathing, nausea, etc. If you experience any such symptoms, immediately seek medical attention. Hope I have been able to answer your query. Wishing you a Good Health. Take care.
People also viewed
- Runny nose sore throat chest hurts
- Hgh supplements to grow taller
- My chest hurts when i get mad
- Benefits of drinking soda water
- Baking soda in water ovarian cyst
- Pneumonia make chest and shoulders hurt
- Tyroid problems can make your chest hurt
- Weight gain pills at walgreens
- Baking soda and water for cancer
- What is baking soda and water good for
- Weight gain products for women
- Protein shakes for weight gain
- Chest muscles hurt when i walk
- What are the benefits of consuming baking soda with water
- How to increase height growth