What are the alternatives to Microgynan ED?

Hi i am new to canada and not yet eligible for health insurance. I need a prescription for contraceptive pills that i am currently using which is running out. It is called Microgynan ED. Can i get a prescription to buy some or at least can you suggest and prescribe one which is similiar??? thank you. And one which is cost effective. thanks
Posted Tue, 4 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Brief answer....given below Detailed answer.... Hello, Thanks for the query. MICROGYNON ED contains LEVONORGESTETOL .15 mg and ETHYNLESTRADIOL .03 mg. There are plenty of similar products having same constituents which are available in CANADA which you can buy. These are .... ALESSE MINI-OVRAL TRIQUILAR TRIPHASIL Since online doctors are prohibited from issuing any prescription,you would have to either go to pharmacy to look for any of these products if available as OTC product or you have to procure a prescription by consulting a local doctor. I hope it helps,however you may revert to me for any further query. Best of luck Thanks