What are symptoms of uterine prolapse?

Question
i pulled out part of my insides through hand being inside my friend thought caused a uterus prolapse when i told her a nurse i told said i needed a gastronomy but my gp thinks i dont need any treatment this happened about 18 yrs ago i pulled out something bony with rounded edges on a triangular thing with a stringy piece being put above the bony thing to pull back inside im now 40 i do occasionally feel a pain going straight up from inside to my belly button thankyou
Posted Thu, 6 Mar 2014 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 31 minutes later
Brief Answer: kindly reply few questions. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX As the previous incident was long back its unlikely to cause any future problems. Kindly reply with few questions so that I can guide you further: 1)Along with pain do you have any associated symptoms like mass per vaginum or any bowel or urinary disturbances? 2)Are you married ? do you have kids? if yes, how many and how were they delivered vaginal or caesarean? 3)are you sexually active? do you use any contraception presently? 4)how are your menstrual periods? Please ask if you have more questions, and do write back with the answers so that I can guide you further. Awaiting your response. Regards Arif

Follow-up: What are symptoms of uterine prolapse? 34 minutes later
i have had swallowed glass and had bowel evacuation medication my poop is long and thick sometimes i have urges to go to toilet and only dribble a little not married no kids not sexually active i use depo prolavera to stop monthlys first for 5yrs then contraceptive pill now back to once every three months non existent no bleeding although when i was on contraceptive i would drink alot of liquids then sleep then in morning i would push and force out the liquid it would be completely red in the bowl then i would have a light bleed after that please respond to my questions is it uterus prolapse what did i pull out is it in the right position it was tested in 2004 retroverted then 2014 january deviated to the left do i need any treatment im not a dr i cant say but i wonder if i need an operation

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 14 hours later
Brief Answer: Unlikely to be uterine prolapse. Detailed Answer: Hello, I apologize for the late response; I was away from my computer due to unavoidable reasons. Coming back to your question, I have analyzed your query. Considering your nulligravida (no kids) status and history it is unlikely to be uterine prolapse. It could be anything related to CERVICAL ELONGATION. I think you have been treated with pessary for the same. Other differential diagnosis could be RECTAL PROLAPSE. For confirmation of diagnosis you need a clinical examination, especially a per-speculum examination to know the exact pathology and also to take PAP smear. Your doctor might even do a per-vaginum and per-rectal examination, also a scan is beneficial. Depending on the findings treatment can be planned. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!

Follow-up: What are symptoms of uterine prolapse? 7 hours later
did you just get my response? i think it went into cyber space its disappeared? just a few minutes ago if received disregard not uterine prolapse? what is cervical elongation? i have only been treated with diane 35 contraceptive pill and depo provera injections nothing put inside could it be rectal i do feel pain when the movement is going through near to expelling what is per speculum? ive never had a pap smear test whats per vaginum? per rectal too? what type of scan the only one hes done is a pelvic us that said deviated to the left i have yet to know if i will need a posible future colonoscopy? im not sure if this is right but it might have been a bit thick or it might have thin i dont remember if its intestine like i now think through the endo nurse he said i might need a gastronomy they told me maybe intestine died enrolled nurses maybe it needs to be cut out thankyou Dr

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Lengethening of cervix could be a cause. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX Thank you for choosing Healthcaremagic. Coming back to your questions: not uterine prolapse? From your history its Unlikely to be uterine prolapse. what is cervical elongation? It is lengthening of cervix, could be congenital or due to uterine fibroids. what is per speculum? This is a clinical examination done by a doctor, using a speculum the vagina is retracted to see the cervix and if they is any problem is looked for. And a PAP smear (cervical cytology) is taken. ive never had a pap smear test whats per vaginum? Two gloved fingers are inserted into the vagina and looked for any uterine or any other pelvis problem which can be palpated. per rectal too? Same clinical examination where a single finger is inserted into the anus to look for any rectal problems. what type of scan the only one hes done is a pelvic us that said deviated to the left----As you have not given complete information about the scan it is difficult to comment on it. If possible scan and send me the report. i have yet to know if i will need a posible future colonoscopy? You may require, it had be decided after clinical examination by a surgeon or proctologist. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!

Follow-up: What are symptoms of uterine prolapse? 2 days later
this was the january 17 2014 ultrasound pelvis result there is a normal sized retroverted uterus deviated to the left no uterine abnormalities are indentified no endometrial cavity abnormalities are indentified the double layer of thickness of the endometrium is 6mm no ovarian or adnexal abnormalities are indentified there is no evidence of a dominant ovarian cyst there is no free fluid 2004 said it was retroverted i pulled this through my front please summarize what you think diagnoses progronosis what if any other tests or ultrasounds or xrays need to be performed thankyou Dr XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 23 hours later
Brief Answer: previous history of pelvic infection. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX I apologize for the late response; I was away from my computer due to unavoidable reasons. Coming back to your question, your uterus is absolutely normal, the deviation could be due to pelvic adhesion formation (adhesion means adhering of uterus to pelvic side walls) which might be the cause for deviation of uterus. The adhesions could be due to any previous history of pelvic infection. your endometrial thickness is also normal. I personally feel there is no need to get any further investigations, if in doubt you can always go for further investigation like CT scan. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!

Follow-up: What are symptoms of uterine prolapse? 19 hours later
4 february 2004 pelvis ultrasound says uterus is retroverted and of normal size measuring 6.2 x 3.9 x 3cm endometrial thickness is normal at 5.7mm and no fibriods could be seen ovaries appear normal and no adrexal masses nor free fluid seen thankyou i have not had any surgeries on my personal space what ct scan would you suggest thankyou Dr XXXXXXX

Brief Answer: Your scan is normal Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX Thank you for the follow up question. Your previous 2004 scan report is also normal except for retroverted uterus. I asked you to go for CT(computerised tomography) scan if you are not convinced by the ultrasound report. Usually ultrasound is enough for diagnosing basic pelvic pathologies. I personally feel there is nothing active intervention required in your case. You can follow my previous advise to go for clinical examination. Kindly do not worry. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!