What are symptoms of partial small bowel obtruction due to scar tissue?

What are symptoms of partial small bowel obtruction due to scar tissue? Can this correct itself or do you have to surgery to remove it?
Posted Sun, 9 Feb 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 54 minutes later
Brief Answer: surgery may be needed Detailed Answer: Hello, partial bowel obstruction may cause pain, bloating, constipation or obstipation. Scar tissue causes a stricture like band on the bowel loop and the severity will depend on how much scarring is present. The treatment again would depend on the scarring. Heavy scarring doesnt resolve itself and will need surgery.
Follow-up: What are symptoms of partial small bowel obtruction due to scar tissue? 9 minutes later
I had colon resection 3 times. 1st to remove accending colon due to colon cancer 2nd to place ileostomy because 1st surgeon tied bowel to abdominal wall which caused bowel to break apart and perotoniti and sepsis. 3rd time to reverse the ileostomy. The last time was in nov of 2012. Over the last 2 weeks i have suffered from abdominal distention, Diarrhea and feeling pain like something being moving in my abdomen by my navel. Could this be partial blockage?s
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: possible Detailed Answer: You have had three major surgeries. If there is any scarring it will be heavy. Although obstruction is a possibility, hernia should also be ruled out. You need to undergo some tests. Barium xray, and ct abdomen should be done. See your surgeon again. Abdominal fluid accumulation is also a possibility.