What are my chances of getting pregnant after unprotected sex?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2016
Mar 2016

OBGYN
Question
Hello...my periods weresuppose to b hre by 2 january bt no signs of the same..just got married in december and had sex from 12 december onwards..indoy suggest as m scared of being pregnant..please reply soon.
Posted Tue, 21 Jan 2014 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. S Patra 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: YOU HAVE QUITE CHANCE OF PREGNANCY. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us. According to given information, you have high chance of being pregnant as you did unprotected sex during your fertile period. Here, you should undergo one home pregnancy test soon after missed period and repeat the test after 1 week for confirmation. Morning urine sample is preferred. However, hormonal imbalance, mental stress, irregular diet, over weight etc can cause late or missed period. Kindly, consult with your local doctor following above pregnancy test. Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query. Wish your good health and take care yourself. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through WWW.WWWW.WW

Follow-up: What are my chances of getting pregnant after unprotected sex? 1 hour later
Doctor i had a conversation with my friend who is also a doctor she said that its just 2 days let it take time and then decide what you want to do and first carry out pregnancy test and repeat it after a week.so wat do you suggest.

Answered by Dr. S Patra 56 minutes later
Brief Answer: DO HOME PREGNANCY TEST SOON AFTER MISSED PERIOD. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for follow up query. I also agree with your friend's recommendation. You should undergo one home pregnancy test with morning urine soon after missed period and repeat the test after 1 week for confirmation. Treatment will be made on the basis of test result and not before that. So, You can consult with your doctor after rule out pregnancy. Hope, I have answered your query. Kindly, close the discussion. All the best and good luck. Regards, Dr Soumen