What are effects of eating food mixed with melted plastic?

General Surgeon
I placed a foil baking dish full of casserole with a plastic lid made for it in a 350 degree oven. A few minutes later I asked myself if I were crazy, that could cause a fire. I forgot about melting. The covers were hardened, twisted and distorted and I am afraid of the plastic melting into the food. These casseroles are to be our food during a housebound few days because of winter weather. I can't see any melted plastic on the food, or taste anything different. Will we take a chance on eating this food?
Posted Fri, 13 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. M Y Shareef 48 minutes later
Brief Answer: No - Do not consume this food. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXX! Good morning. I am Dr Shareef answering your query. No ! You should not eat this food. Even if you do not see any melrted plastic in the food, there must have been absorbed fumes of plastic in the food. If I were your doctor, I would not advise you to consume this food. I am afraid you may have to replenish your food stock again for the winter. Please do not hesitate to ask in case of any further doubts. Thanks for choosing health care magic to clear doubts on your health problems. Wishing you all the best. Dr Shareef