What are chances of pregnancy despite negative pregnancy results?

May 2013
my 20 year old took 2 packs of her bc pills without a break. she only got a dark brown half day period.she was having stomach pains so she had an ultra sound and urine to check for infection.all came back normal.then her doctor called the lab and asked if they still had her urine and they said yes. he had the check for pregnancy. it came out positive. she went to her gyno a few days later and urine came out negative. they sent her for blood work and also came back negative, 2 more home pregnancy came back negative.?
Posted Fri, 28 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Possibility of pregnancy is less Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. The possibility of pregnancy is less in this case. Because: -She used the pills without missing. Using two packs without break may not influence the contraceptive efficacy of the pills usually. -Blood test for pregnancy and two urine tests were negative. -Ultrasound didn't show evidence of pregnancy. Urine test should be done with freshly collected sample of midstream urine. And sometimes urine test can give false positive results. While using contraceptive pills the quantity of withdrawal bleeding can differ from cycle to cycle. And some women may have amenorrhea also. So by taking all these points into consideration, the possibility of pregnancy is less. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.