What are chances of imprgenation with low sperm count and low motility?

Mar 2013
I am married for last one year, expecting my wife to conceive who is normal. As per my siemens analysis report my acitvely motile is 40%. Please find attached herewith my Siemens analysis report. the reporst show impression of asthenospermia. Please advice on the case I am looking for child
Posted Tue, 4 Mar 2014 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Brief Answer: EXPLAINED BELOW Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. Normally actively motile sperm should be atleast 50 %. Your motility is just borderline low, not very low. The sperm count and morphology are normal, so chances of pregnancy do exist, if your wife is evaluated thoroughly. Firstly, please get the test repeated, atleast two reports are needed to be sure that indeed the motility is reduced. Then try and identify some of the common reasons for this, which I will list below, if any are present, try and eliminate them - Smoking, drinking, tobacco, drugs, excessive caffeine, late nights, erratic eating habits, obesity, work stress, personal tensions in the relationship, prolonged periods of abstinence, habits of excessive hot tub bath , steam or sauna, tight undergarments, exposure to toxic chemicals, radiation or pollution. Other than that ,reasons can include - genetic chromosomal causes, deficiency of male hormones, infections or duct blockages. Depending on the cause identified, the treatment is tailored. If the second report shows similar or worse findings, please consult a Uro XXXXXXX in your city. Then have a thorough physical evaluation ( genital exam ) , hormonal tests, genital sonogram with Colour Doppler. This will reveal the cause. Accordingly treatment would be given - hormonal supplements, antibiotics , antioxidants etc. In general, eat healthy, exercise regularly and have regular sexual intercourse. All the best. Please feel free to discuss further. Dont worry, as the semen report is quite adequate for fertilization.