What are chances of blood clotting after Cortisone injections?
User rating for this question
Posted Sat, 22 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: There is really no risk Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about this clotting disorder and the back pain. Though no abnormality is great, this should actually work in your favor this time around. It would have been a problem if this was going to prevent blood from clotting rather than making it clot faster. After an injection, we want blood to clot so that it can stop any further bleeding that can cause a bleeding related problems. With your blood clotting faster than others, this would do just what we long for. Actually, the initial clotting process involves platelets and not th clotting system and this should be fine. From all the different points of consideration, there is really no reason to get worried about risk of a clot following this injection. There is no risk out of proportion compared to what someone without this condition in the general population would experience. Theoretically, there should be a reduced risk! There is therefore no reasons for you to nurse any greater fears. I wish you well. I hope this answers your question fully. If you should have any further related questions or clarifications, please feel free to ask me and I will gladly respond to them. Thank you so much for using our services. Dr. Ditah, MD.
People also viewed
- Is diarrhea a side effect of provenge?
- Cortisone injections and blood clots
- Is headache a side effect of pyrantel?
- Symptom pressure at temples and dizziness
- Swallowed coin adult
- What are chances of blood clotting after cortisone injections
- Swollen sore bump on male nipple
- Swollen glands hurts when turn head
- Is bruising a side effect of rifampin?
- Symptoms of parotid glands lesion
- What are cortisone injections
- Is headache a side effect of protopic?
- What is cortisone injection in nose
- Is fainting a side effect of percocet?
- High blood pressure after cortisone injection