What are alternatives if I have some chest tightness after taking warfarin?

What are my alternatives if I have some chest tightness after taking warfarin 20 minutes earlier?
Posted Fri, 4 Oct 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
May be serious at your age. Visit ER.

Detailed Answer:
Respected Ma'm
1. From a simple regurgitation of acid from stomach to the food pipe to a cardiac event , all possibilities can be there when someone has a tightness of chest.
2. This may not be associated with warfarin at all or may not be related to systemic effects of warfarin as it started within 20 minutes of taking drug.
3. Warfarin increases the thrombogenicity of blood for first few days (when given without protection of other anticoagulants) and can predispose to thrombotic episodes.
4. Since this is the first time you have this feeling I would request you to see your emergency room physician on priority so that a serious issue can be ruled out.
Hope this helps. feel free to discuss further.