What are Lorazepam, Trazodone, Divalprodex, and Fluoxetine for?

Emergency Medicine Specialist
Hello Doc, I was in a motor-cycle accident almost 5 years ago and broke my back, and have a lot of nerve damage…. was seeing a psychiatrist about once a month because of a brain injury that I suffer. Am taking several different medications such as Lorazepam, Trazodone, Divalprodex, and Fluoxetine. I don't know EXACTLY what they are all for.. but I'm also taking medications prescribed by my medical doctor and Neuralogist….. I am on California state disability and Social Security disability. Can you help in any way?
Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Your symptoms are due to nerrve compression. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing your query. After reading your post, it seems that your symptoms are due to compression of nerves and need medical advise by a Neurosurgeon. Coming to your query about the chief role of the different medicines that you have mentioned, they are as follows :- Lorazepam :- anxiolytic. Trazodone :- treat depression with or without anxiety. Divalproex :- prevent epilepsy. Fluoxetine :- treat anxiety, panic disorder and post traumatic stress. Your psychiatrist must have prescribed these medicines to treat post traumatic stress and anxiety associated with it. Take proper rest. It will be helpful. I hope this is helpful to you. If you have any further query, I will be happy to help. Regards. Thanks.