What antibiotic can be given with babygesic syrup for my child suffering from fever?

Hi My baby is now 1year 1month old and having fever of 100 and few times fluctuating between 99 to 100......can you please suggest a medicne.....for last 24 hrs i have given babygesic 200 syrup 2 ml for every 4th hour(i believe this is paracetamol)..yesterday night he was shivering and i was doing sponging with warm water across his body with towel....could you please suggest of any antiboitics to be the temp till 100.5 is normal one
Posted Mon, 13 Jan 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 16 minutes later
Brief Answer: relax. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. I understsnd your concern. Fever is mostly viral in nature and takes few days to settle. I suggest you to : -monitor his temperature every 4 to 6 hourly and give paracetamol in case fever is above 100F.15mg/kg body weight. -do tepid sponging if temperature is above 102F. -give plenty of fluids and bland diet so as to maintain hydration and nutrition. -make him to take rest. -antibiotic is needed if there is any focus of infection. Hope I have answered your query,let me know if you have any further question. Wishing your baby good health. God bless...
Follow-up: What antibiotic can be given with babygesic syrup for my child suffering from fever? 3 minutes later
Thank you for the reply doctor, yestereday night he was shivering and after i did a sponging he was bit this symptom of shivering is normal ...and couuld you please suggest what type of diet to be taken and what fluids to be given
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: hi Detailed Answer: Thanks for your follow up. Yes shivering is associated with fever. In fluids you can give water,vegetable soup,milk. Give rice porridge,dhalia,mashed potato. Wait for another 24 hours and in case fever persist or he becomes lethargic get him examined by pediatrician. Hope this helps. Take care.