What am I experiencing implantation bleeding or periods?

I am not sure weather I am experiencing my period or if it is implantaion bleeding, I am not due for my period till the 5th of this, onth and my husband and I are currently trying to concive for 19 months now. I am on 1000 mg of metformin daily
Posted Wed, 18 Dec 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 27 minutes later
Brief Answer: Unlikely to be implantation bleed Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXX, Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX If you were having normal menstrual cycles, then probably the implantation bleeding would have occurred at least 10 days before the next menstrual date. Also the implantation bleeding is very light colored, sometimes like spotting, associated with other pregnancy symptoms like nausea, giddiness, abdominal cramps, sore breast. Considering these things I doubt it to be implantation bleed, but still as you are on infertility treatment and anxious to conceive I advise you to wait and see. If you have any pregnancy symptoms I advise you to get a urine pregnancy test done. If you are very anxious you can get the test done right now to rule out pregnancy. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!