Whacked forehead. Having headache, feeling nausea and pressure in temples. Should I be worried?

I whacked my forehead hard on the car door on Friday. I basically closed the door on my head. I have had headaches since then and today I felt nauseous after bringing in groceries. I now feel pressure in both of my temples. I got checked out yesterday at the emergency room and he called it a minor hard injury. Do I have anything to worry about?
Posted Sun, 17 Nov 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Urgent CT scan required

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for the query

The symptoms you are having are highly suggestive of a subdural hematoma, I would like to know if they had done a CT brain to rule it out when you had gone to the ER. IF not please re visit the ER to get one done immediately

If the CT scan was normal then there is nothing to worry about, minor head injuries are known to recover as late as 4 weeks. You will have mild on and off headaches which can be easily treated with analgesics like acetaminophen once or twice daily. Do not engage in strenous exercises till your headaches are better.

I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me