Wha causes muscle twitching?

General Surgeon
I am a crohn's patients who has been recently infected with chlostridium difficile. I am currently taking metronidazole 500mg three times daily for that. In addition, I had a blood test and everything seems to be fine but my vitamin D, and zinc seems to be low. Lately, I have been having muscle twitch on my left and right hip muscle. It usually occurs at night. But today, I've been having muscle twitch on my right side every hour so. My question is it from my medication, low nutrients, or stress ? Anything to be concerned about or have it checked out ?
Posted Sun, 23 Mar 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 37 minutes later
Brief Answer: Ions deficiency is possible. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thank you for the query. Muscle twitching can be caused by ions deficiency (low Magnesium, Potassium, Calcium). As a Crohns patient you may have such deficiency as not everything is well absorbed. You should also know that with Crohns disease joints, skins or muscles inflammation due to autoimmune process are also possible. So if you have any joints swelling/redness with this muscle problem, you should consult your doctor or rheumatologist. I suggest you to try some Magnesium 400 mg with Potasium supplementation. This should help. If not, please have ions levels checked. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.
Follow-up: Wha causes muscle twitching? 1 hour later
My wife has osteosarce. Can I use that. Tx
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 2 hours later
Brief Answer: . Detailed Answer: Well, if this medicine contains only calcium (never heard about such medicine), you should not use it. There should be Magnesium with Potassium medicine available without prescription. Regards.