Wetness or fluid in crotch area, area gets cleared after application of fungal powder & again gets infected. Suggestion?

For about a year, I get fluid on both sides of my crotch, If I wash the area and put basic pouder for ringworm on it, the area clears for a day or 2 then comes back.
It's not painful but annoying, skin on both sides seems to be thin because of the issue.
Any suggestions to get rid of this would be very appreciated.
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 15 minutes later

Wet, macerated and itchy lesions in crotch area are characteristics of fungal infections and should be treated with antifungals- oral as well as topical.

As you mentioned, the area gets cleared of the wetness on application of antifungal powder but again gets infected in a day or 2 suggests that the topical antifungal is not sufficient to eradicate the fungus but suppresses it for a while.

To clear the infection for once and all, you need to be given a short course of antifungal like Fluconazole along with topical Ketoconazole creams.

I would request you to visit your Dermatologist for a physical examination and proper treatment.

Hope, this answers your query. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.

Dr.Rohit Batra