Wet dream, went to urinate, forgot to clean the toilet seat. Chances of semen present causing pregnancy?

Question
I have a wet dream post which i went for urine and forgot to clean the toilet seat..my wife use the toilet after it..are there chance that semen would be present on toilet seat which could make her pregnant?
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 32 minutes later

Practically there are no chances of pregnancy. For pregnancy to occur as you know semen has to enter vagina.

The sperms if any lying on the toilet seat has to be mobile and alive; they need come in contact with the genitals which is not possible while using toilet seat. Apart from this she must be in her fertile period of the month so that ovum is present.

Again presence of any chemical on the toilet seat like cleaner etc can readily kill the sperms.

Hence I do not think there is any chance of pregnancy.

I Hope this answers your query; in case you have any follow up queries, I will be glad to answer them. Please accept my answer if you do not have any other queries.

dr.pragnesh

Follow-up: Wet dream, went to urinate, forgot to clean the toilet seat. Chances of semen present causing pregnancy? 33 minutes later

You mentioned the sperms should be "Mobile and alive; they need come in contact with the genitals which is not possible while using toilet seat"..Can you explain this little more.

Thanks

Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 27 minutes later

Good to hear from you again.

The sperms are alive and motile when they are ejaculated. They have to travel inside the vagina-uterus-tubes to XXXXXXX ovum for pregnancy to happen. Sperms are able to achieve this when they are deposited directly into the female vagina.

Any sperm lying on the toilet and if alive are unlikely to achieve. Again while using toilet seat the genitals of female or male are not in direct contact with the surface of the toilet seat on which you suspect the sperms to be present They are more in contact with thighs or peri anal regions. And these to crawl thorough the surface, enters vagina then reaching the egg and making pregnancy happen seems to fairy tale and not practical.

Hence in this circumstance, I do not see any chances of pregnancy.

Hope I have clarified myself. Please accept my answer if you do not have any further queries. Yet, I am available to answer any other queries that you may have.

dr.pragnesh