Were engaged in some non protective foreplay and now have delayed periods. Can it be pregnancy?

Question
Me and my girlfriend were engaged in some non protective foreplay and around 10 days before her period and now there is delay in her period by around 7 days. Can she be pregnant?
Posted Tue, 6 Aug 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Deepti Goyal 32 minutes later
Hi XXXXX

As precum can also contain sperms which can lead to conception and you did it 10 days before her period date and your girlfriend is overdue by 7 days, there are chances that she can be pregnant.

In my opinion, you should get a pregnancy test done at the earliest (urine pregnancy test or serum beta HCG test).

Good Luck.

Hope this information is helpful and informative to you.
If you have further queries you can directly reach out to me on the following URL:
WWW.WWWW.WW

Follow-up: Were engaged in some non protective foreplay and now have delayed periods. Can it be pregnancy? 22 minutes later
At that time the penis was limp and dry and there was no insertion. I just rubbed it on her vagina. Also i inserted my finger in her vagina and at that time she discharged a lot of fluids.She is now having bit cramps and tight lower abdomen along with some white discharge from vagina. She took the urine pregnancy test twice ( once in morning and once in evening) and the results were negative. One more correction, the periods are delayed by 4 days.

Answered by Dr. Deepti Goyal 10 minutes later

As she is having pain and vaginal discharge, she is most probably having some lower genital tract infetion, trichomoniasis and bacterial vaginosis being common possibilities. She should see some doctor to get a presccription of proper antibiotic.

As you told her periods are delayed by 4 days and urine pregnancy test is negative, you have two options: Either you wait for few more days and if period doesn't come then do a pregnancy test again or you can get serum beta HCG levels right now(because urine test may be negative in early pregnancy when blood test will reflect the true picture).

Hope this will clear your doubts.
WWW.WWWW.WW

Follow-up: Were engaged in some non protective foreplay and now have delayed periods. Can it be pregnancy? 18 hours later
My girlfriend is not willing to go for the blood test right now. Is there any other way we can detect pregnancy (Urine based test already done, results negative)?

If the delay is not due to pregnancy, what else could be the reason of such a delay? What are the symptoms? She is very much tensed and stressed due to this.

Is there any natural way to initiate periods when delayed?

Thanks

Answered by Dr. Deepti Goyal 18 hours later

Other method for pregnancy diagnosis can be ultrasound but if urine test is negative then ultrasound may not show the pregnancy.

Her periods can be delayed due to stress itself or some transient hormonal variation. You should motivate her for a blood test for pregnancy so that in case it comes out negative, both of you can relax. This is the only way to confirm at this stage.

If this test comes out to be negative, then you can give her progesterone tablets for a few days after prescription from a qualified healthcare professional to bring her period.This is a reliable method to bring the period.

Hope this will clear your doubts.
WWW.WWWW.WW