Weird pain in nasal cavity. Have runny and stuffy nose. Symptoms of nasal cavity cancer?

Gastroenterologist
Question
Hi, I have some sort of weird pain in my left nasal cavity/right under the tip of the nasal bone that is extra painful if I tap my finger on my nose. I am always more or less congested in my left nostril, quite often have a runny nose and always wake up with a stuffy nose. It's been this way for as long as I can remember. I do have a deviated septum so breathing through the left nostril is a bit of a challenge. What can this be? What are the symptoms of nasal cavity cancer?
Posted Tue, 19 Mar 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 14 minutes later
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to answer your query.

The most likely cause of extreme pain under the tip of the nasal bone is furunculosis. It is the acute infection of the hair follicle in the entry of the nasal cavity.

Warm compress, painkillers and a course of antibiotics would help to relieve it.
Consult your doctor for confirmation and prescription.

Some of the symptoms of nasal cavity cancer are nasal stuffiness, headache, nose bleed, a lump and sometimes tightness in the ears.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly accept this answer and rate this service.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini

Follow-up: Weird pain in nasal cavity. Have runny and stuffy nose. Symptoms of nasal cavity cancer? 6 minutes later
How often should I apply the warm compress and for how long?

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 8 minutes later
Hi
Apply cloth soaked in warm water over the tip of the nose for few minutes several times a day.
Take painkillers also.

I hope that answers your question.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini