Weird dreams after taking kalms & co codamal. Should take them together?

can i take kalms while taking co codamol as i had weird dreams the second night and wondered if it was to do with taking both the kalms and co,codamol together but i need the pain killers for my knees
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Radhika 3 hours later

You have provided me with good information.

Kalms is a natural sedative and is very effective in dealing with various sleep disorders. It is considered as an aid in getting good night's sleep. It does not have any side effects but it should not be taken by children under 12, pregnant women or women who are lactating

Co Codamol is a pain reliever. It contains paracetamol and codeine phosphate (a narcotic pain reliever) as well. The common side effects include dizziness, malaise, light-headedness, headache, feeling faint, dry mouth, fatigue, euphoria, drowsiness, nightmares, nausea, swelling at injection site, vision problems, pain during urination, abnormal weakness or tiredness, stomach cramps, constipation and insomnia.

The nightmares are possibly due to Co codamol. Kalms does not influence the occurrence of nightmares.

You can discuss this with your treating physician to change to a different medication if you feel the nightmares are troubling you.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.